2020 Colours of the Year

Hi Everyone
It's that time of year when the paint companies announce their Colour of the Year for 2020.  I enjoy this time as it's always interesting to see what colour the paint companies choose and why they choose those particular colours.  They spend time researching and travelling around the world, attending design shows and picking up cues from different industries to determine their COTY.  While I don't always 😉, I think the colours chosen for 2020 are beautiful, easy to implement and more importantly are livable colours.  So here we go - let me know what you think of the choices this year.

Naval by Sherwin Williams

For my online and onsite consultations I generally work with Sherwin Williams paint colours so I will start with their choice for 2020 - Naval SW 6244.  I love their choice as I'm a big fan of incorporating navy blue into your home.  Navy blue is quoted as being one of the most relaxing shades of colour.  I've used Naval both personally and professionally and I'm never disappointed with the results.  Here is what Sherwin Williams has to say about the colour Naval.   "Our 2020 Color of the Year, Naval SW 6244, is a rich navy that creates a calm and grounding environment infused with quiet confidence."




First Light by Benjamin Moore

Benjamin Moore's colour choice for 2020 was First Light 2102-70.  First Light is a pale and
fresh pink - I would consider it a very livable pink.  Expect to see lots of pink this year whether in home decor or fashion.  Here is what Benjamin Moore had to say about First Light.  "It reflects a new definition of the home - a shift in the mindset from the material to satisfying the core needs in life:  community, comfort, security, self-expression, authenticity and ultimately optimism."  



Source

 In addition to announcing their colour of the year, Benjamin Moore also offers a Color Trends Palette for 2020 (looks like pastels continue to be on trend).



Back to Nature by Behr

Behr's colour choice for 2020 is Back to Nature S340-4.  I have always been a fan of sage green (although I know there are a lot of you who wouldn't agree 😉) - maybe it's because it reminds me of spring after an oh so long winter.  This colour would work beautifully with Sherwin William's Naval.  Here is what Behr has to say about Back to Nature.  "This fresh and slightly yellow-based green serves as an ideal backdrop to satisfy the desire for a soft landing at home and reflect societal trends towards embracing the outdoors as a collective and person self-care activity."






Chinese Porcelain by Dulux

Dulux colour choice for 2020 is Chinese Porcelain DLX1160-6.  At the risk of repeating myself, I really like this colour choice as well.  It's  a darker blue but doesn't go as far as a navy blue.  This colour would work beautifully as an all over colour in a powder room, or one of my favorites, as a colour on an interior or exterior door.  Here is what Dulux has to say about Chinese Porcelain.  " Dulux Colour of the Year is both secure and promising.  This is the best possible entry point from the world of neutrals to the world of colours, the perfect backdrop for more vibrant or lighter colours to pop.


Source

Source

Well here they are - a sampling of the paint companies colour choices for 2020.  What do you think about the choices this year?  Are you on board with some or all of these options?  
In the end, while it's fun to check out the picks for COTY, it's more important that you choose colours you love and work with your existing surfaces.

Have a Colourful Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

My Favourite Blue Paint Colors