Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for October

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself as it's been a very long time since I have written a blog. My name is Lisa Bosch and I am the owner of a paint colour consulting company. After a successful career in the financial world I decided it was time to pursue my colour passion. I can now truthfully say that "I love my job". 💓💓💓



There are so many paint colours that I have loved working with over the years, so I decided to start sharing those colours with you. Every month I will share a different paint colour and how those colours can be used in your home. I will also provide colour options that work well with my feature paint colour. As I generally work with a Sherwin Williams colour palette those are the colours I will be sharing with you. 

Feature Colour for October

For this month my feature colour is Coral Reef SW 6606!

Source
The first reason I choose Coral Reef is from personal experience.  I've used Coral Reef a few times and both my clients and I have loved the outcome.   It brings a bold but beautiful pop of colour to the home.

Source
The second reason I chose Coral Reef as this month's feature colour, is Pantone's choice for Colour of the Year for 2019 was Living Coral (although by the time I get this blog finished they may have announced their colour for 2020 😊).  Coral Reef is a beautiful representation of Living Coral.  


Ways to Incorporate Coral Reef into your Home

I don’t think I would recommend Coral Reef as an all over colour, but it makes a beautiful choice as an accent colour. Feature or accent walls are still a popular way to incorporate colour into our homes.   Just ensure when deciding on a feature wall that there is something you want to bring attention to - don't try and compete with existing features.  Some of my favourite ways to incorporate a feature wall is the wall behind the bed or a wall with no windows.  If you don't have a wall that is a great option sometimes incorporating a partial wall with the use of colour blocking may be a better option.  This next picture is an example of colour blocking but I didn't use Coral Reef in this project.

Source
One of my all-time favourite ways to incorporate colour is by painting interior doors.  I especially like bringing colour onto doors when working with neutral paint colours on the walls.  Coral Reef would work on either interior doors or the outside of your exterior front door.

Source
Another way you could bring this coral paint colour into your home is if you have a piece of furniture that could use a good dose of colour or a refresh.  Just make sure you use a good quality paint and prep your furniture before painting to ensure it lasts for years to come.

Source

Friends of Coral Reef

Coral Reef pairs beautifully with gray or greige if using it for just a pop of colour.  It would also work beautifully with navy blues and of course a popular choice right now is to pair corals with turquoise. 
Would you consider adding a paint colour similar to Coral Reef to your home?

If you'd rather I just took choosing new paint colours off your "to do" list check out my website.

Have a Colourful Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

My Favourite Blue Paint Colors