Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for February

 
Hi Everyone
Thanks for checking out my blog!  As I mentioned in my previous blog my husband I are very fortunate to be able to escape winter in Calgary for a few weeks this year.  We are currently sitting in sunny Nevada as I write this blog 😎.  We've had the opportunity to see some beautiful sights but one of my favourite so far has been Snow Canyon (thankfully it doesn't live up to it's name 😉).




I just fell in love with all the vibrant colours in the landscape, it's so different from what we are used to seeing. Another area we have visited on our winter journey was Death Valley.  One of my favourite areas was Artist Drive.  I think you can probably guess why it was one of the highlights for me.


  The next few blogs I wanted to share with you some of my favourite neutral paint colours. I am excited about sharing these colours but I want to add a disclaimer that they do NOT work in every situation.  Lighting (interior and exterior) and existing elements in your home are very important things to consider and this may not be the paint colour for you.  If you think my featured paint colour might be a good choice for your home PLEASE promise me that you will sample, sample, sample.  

February's Featured Paint Colour - Worldly Gray SW 7043.  

Worldly Gray is a beautiful greige (gray + beige) that I often use in client's home that are looking for a colour update but their existing furnishes lean more towards the beige or browns.  Worldly Gray has a healthy amount of beige in it so it works beautifully with a more traditional home.  Personally I am a big fan of greiges as they add the warmth that I think most of us are looking for in our homes.  Many times I will have a client reach out to me as they thought they were painting their home gray but it ended up blue!  I often refer those client's to a greige as it's less likely 
but not impossible to read as blue.


According to the experts we are moving away from cooler grays and embracing warmer colours again 👍.  Worldly Gray would definitely be a good example of a warmer neutral.  As I always say to my client's, regardless of trends, it's important to incorporate the colours you love and make you happy into your home.  
These next two pictures are from a client's home that I had worked with a couple years ago.  She was doing a complete renovation on her top floor and we both really liked how Worldly Gray worked with the finishes she had picked out.

Source


Source

Worldly Gray has an LRV of 57 so it's a great all over neutral if you have lots of natural lighting.  If your space tends to be a bit darker or north facing then Worldly Gray may not be a great option as it maybe read too heavy (stay tuned for next month's feature paint colour as I will be discussing another favourite greige but with a higher LRV).  If you aren't familiar with LRV it's an important factor to consider when choosing a paint colour.  LRV refers to how much light that colour reflects back into the room.  A black paint colour would be considered a zero LRV and a pure white would have a LRV of 100. 


Source

If you've followed along on my other blogs you'll know that I will also give you the undertone of my feature paint colour.  Undertone simply refers to the colour that is underlying the dominant or main colour.  All paints have an undertone - some are just easier to detect than others.  While the undertone is important it can shift depending on the lighting or the finishes that the paint colour is beside.  I say all this to let you know that Worldly Gray does have a green undertone - not easy to detect but it's there.  Please don't let this scare you away from Worldly Gray.  In any situation when I've used this colour it does not read as a green/gray.  Make sure when you are testing your paint colours that you look at it in different lights (meaning in the morning, afternoon and evening).  Undertone is not a bad thing as long as it works with your existing undertones.👍



This past summer I helped a client choose an exterior colour for her home (landscaping still a work in progress. 😉)   Worldly Gray was a great option that worked well with the stone she had picked out to give her home an update. 

Source

How to Style with Worldly Gray

As I mentioned earlier Worldly Gray has a fairly neutral undertone so it works nicely with so many other colours.  It's a great all over neutral you can use in your home and just change up the accent colours for an update.  I've paired Worldly Gray with greens, blues and even purples.  



Hopefully I've given you enough information to help you decide whether Worldly Gray might be a good paint colour option for your home.   
 I just wanted to mention that even though we are on the road, I am still accepting requests for online colour consultations.  If you are interested you can check out my website for more information.  I would love to help you choose paint colours for your home.

Have a Colourful Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

My Favourite Blue Paint Colors