Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for April

Hi Everyone
Thanks for checking out my blog!  It's hard to believe how our lives have changed in the last few weeks.  If you had told me this a month ago I'm not sure that I would have believed you.  I hope you are keeping safe both physically and mentally.
I've noticed that lots of people are keeping busy these days with indoor projects (painting being one of them).  At the time I wrote this blog I know that Sherwin Williams was still offering curb side pick up or delivery.  If you like help with choosing colours I'd be more than happy to help you out with an online consultation.
The last few blogs I've been talking about some of my favourite neutral paint colours but with spring (hopefully 🤞) on it's way I thought I'd talk about one of my favourite - more spring like colours this month.

Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for April - Sea Salt SW 6204

Sea Salt is a favored colour among many people  Lighting can really alter the look of Sea Salt.  In some lights you would call it a blue/green and in other lights it would look more green/blue (confused yet 😉).   And to top it all off there is also some gray in this beautiful colour.  Although lighting will definitely affect this colour so will it's surroundings (inside or out).   Just to let you know Benjamin Moore also has a paint colour called Sea Salt but it's a different colour. 
As usual I'll post pictures of this pretty colour but it's may be difficult to pick up the true colours on your devices. If you think this may be the colour for you please ensure you test it first.  
If you are looking for a colour that creates a spa like feeling in your bathroom, Sea Salt is a great option to check out.  It can look great on the walls or even on your cabinets.

Source


Sea Salt is a soothing, tranquil colour so it also makes a great choice for a bedroom colour.  In this next picture I like how they've paired it with the wooden beams to add texture and balance.  What do you think of that light fixture?

Source


Source

Source

Sea Salt has an LRV of 63 so it would be considered a lighter paint colour.  If you aren't familiar with LRV it's an important factor to consider when choosing a paint colour.  LRV refers to how much light that colour reflects back into the room.  A black paint colour would be considered a zero LRV and a pure white would have a LRV of 100. 
I'm going to let you in on a little secret 😉, as I've mentioned a multitude of times, lighting can have a huge impact on how your paint colours looks in a room.  If you don't like the way a paint colour looks in a certain room it may be as easy as changing out your light bulbs.  
My niece recently purchased a condo and thought the kitchen cabinets had too much red in them.  All  she did was changed out the light bulbs and now she can barely see the red and is much happier with them (much less expensive then painting or changing out the cabinets).  I can't tell you specifically which lighting will do the trick for your situation but it's something to consider. 
Now back to my feature paint colour 😀 - it's so easy to get off topic these days.  The colour Sea Salt certainly conjures up images of a summer beach house or the desire to make your home feel like a beachy getaway.

Source

Source

Here are just a few colour suggestions to style with Sea Salt.  There are so many colour possibilities that would work beautifully with this popular colour.


Source

Have you or would you consider using Sea Salt in your home?  Let me know in the comments section.  Keep safe and healthy in these uncertain times.  Have a Colourful Day!
                                                                     
                                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

Sherwin Williams Color of the Year 2021