Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for May

Hi Everyone
Thanks for checking out my blog.  I think we might actually be able to say Spring has finally arrived!  Although I see snow in the forecast 😞 for next week, but hopefully that changes, as I am sooo done with snow for now.  I hope you are doing as well as can be expected in these unprecedented times.  With the nicer weather finally here, I have been keeping busy with exterior consultations.  I love doing exteriors as it's a great way to add curb appeal to your home (and who doesn't love a good before and after)!

Feature Paint Colour for May - Outerspace SW 6251

For the month of May, because it's such a great time to update the exterior of your home, the colour I have chosen Outerspace SW 6251, looks great on the inside or outside of your home.  Outerspace is a dark blue with gray in it, so it reads as a softer navy blue.  There are so many ways to incorporate this lux colour inside or outside your home.
In the following picture they used Outerspace on both the walls and ceiling to give this den a cozy feel.
 
Source

My client (who also happens to be my cousin 😊) chose Outerspace for the feature wall in their bedroom.  I think with her updated accessories this room looks very beach inspired.
 
Source

For 2020 Sherwin Williams announced Naval SW 6244 as their Colour of the Year.  I have used this beautiful navy blue many times, in many applications but if you find it a bit too blue (is there such a thing), you may find Outerspace just right.



Outerspace is going to definitely read as a dark blue paint colour, and not a gray with blue undertones.  There are so many ways you can incorporate this colour into your homes other than just on your walls.  Outerspace is a great colour for cabinets, a kitchen island, interior or exterior doors or on furniture.

Source


Source

Outerspace has a LRV of 12 so it would be considered a dark paint colour.  If you aren't familiar with LRV it's an important factor to consider when choosing a paint colour.  LRV refers to how much light that colour reflects back into the room.  A pure black would be considered a zero LRV and a pure white would have an LRV of 100.

As I mentioned earlier, Outerspace also makes a great exterior paint colour.  I personally like the contrast of a darker house with white trim - what do you think?  I have a client who is using Outerspace on the exterior but their home has not been painted yet.  Outerspace allows the versatility of so many choices for a front door colour. 

Source

Have you or would you consider incorporating a paint colour like Outerspace in your home?
Have a Colourful Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

Sherwin Williams Color of the Year 2021