Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for June


Hi Everyone
Thanks for checking out my blog.  It's a rainy, gloomy day here today in Calgary so I decided to get busy on my feature paint colour for the month of June.  We've had a late start to spring here but it's finally starting to green up!   I hope things are going well for you as we are slowly returning to, what will probably be for quite a while, our new normal.

Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for June - Mediterranean SW 7617

Mediterranean by Sherwin Williams is a beautiful teal colour.   Mediterranean is a very livable colour as it does have some gray in it as well.  You've probably heard the colour teal and turquoise used interchangeably but turquoise is a light to medium tone and more blue than green while teal is a darker blue-green.  You'll also hear Peacock blue as another description.  I would refer to Mediterranean as a classic colour - meaning it's a colour that will not date itself over time.
In this next picture we used Mediterranean as a feature wall.  I think it makes a stunning backdrop for my client's gallery wall.

Source

In this next picture they used Mediterranean beautifully as an accent wall in the bedroom but it would also look great if they had used it on all the walls.



According to 
experts ;) the colour teal is a reserved, intuitive and perhaps an introverted colour.  Teal is different but it doesn't look for attention.  It's a somewhat unconventional colour and someone who likes teal appreciates those things that are a little bit different. 
The LRV for Mediterranean is 18 so it's considered a dark paint colour.  Just a reminder that LRV refers to the amount of light a paint colour either absorbs or reflects, so the higher the number the more light that paint colour will reflect.
These next photos are not specifically the paint colour Mediterranean but are teal inspiration. 
A great way to express your personality is by adding this colour to your front door or on your interior doors.






I have a client who is currently in the process of painting the outside of their craftsman home with the paint colour Mediterranean.  It's a beautiful, older home in Calgary and I can't wait to see it completed as I think it's going to look stunning.  If you follow me on Instagram you'll find pictures of my completed projects as well as inspirational pictures.  
Here is a beautiful example of a teal coloured exterior.


If you like the colour teal, there are so many ways to incorporate this colour into your home.  Here are just a few options other than painting your walls.








What do you think of the paint colour Mediterranean or just the colour teal in general?  Would you or have you incorporated this colour into your home?  I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.
Have a Colourful Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

My Favourite Blue Paint Colors