Sherwin Williams Color of the Year 2021

Hi Everyone

Thanks for checking out my blog today.  This time of the year is a favourite of mine, not only do I love the autumn colors but it's also that time of the year when major paint companies start announcing their Color of the Year (COTY).


Sherwin William COTY 2021

For 2021 Sherwin Williams announced their COTY as Urbane Bronze SW 7048.  I am definitely on board with this color choice for 2021 and beyond.  Urbane Bronze could be best described as a dark brown/gray.  Depending on how you see color it may even lean towards a black for you. This sultry, rich color has a green undertone and has an LRV of 8 so it's definitely a dark color.  Just keep in mind when I mention undertones, depending on your lighting, you may not notice it at all (I have to as that's my job 😊).  I have noticed a shift to more earthy, warm colors in my color consultations so this choice definitely makes sense.

“The home is now the ultimate retreat from the world, and color is an easy and effective way to create a personal haven,” Sue Wadden, director of color marketing at Sherwin-Williams, said in a press release. “Urbane Bronze encourages you to create a sanctuary space for mindful reflection and renewal.”

If you like this color but feel it's too dark for an all over color, it would make a great option for cabinets, railing, doors or exterior color.  Enough talk - let me show you what this beautiful color looks like and you can decide for yourself.








What do you think of Sherwin William's color choice for 2021?  If you need help choosing new paint colors for your home I'd love to hear from you - check out my online color consultations.

Have a Colorful Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

My Favourite Blue Paint Colors