Fresh Look's Feature Paint Colour for March


Hi Everyone
Thanks for checking out my blog!  As I mentioned in my previous blog my husband I are very fortunate to be able to escape winter in Calgary for a few weeks this year.  We are currently sitting in beautiful Nevada as I write this blog 😎.  We have been in Nevada for about a month now, but we are heading to sunny 🀞Palm Desert next week.  My parents were able to spend a week with us recently, and one of their favourite spots we took them to was the China Ranch Date Farm.  Not only did they have a bakery with some delicious items made with their dates but we were also able to see how the dates are grown.

Source


Source


Source

Now on to my feature paint colour for this month.  I am excited about sharing these colours but I want to add a disclaimer that they do NOT work in every situation.  Lighting (interior and exterior) and existing elements in your home are very important things to consider and this may not be the paint colour for you.  If you think my featured paint colours might be a good choice for your home PLEASE promise me that you will sample, sample, sample.  For the month of March I am giving you two paint features for the price of one 😏, I'll explain why further down in my blog.

March's Featured Paint Colours - Light French Gray SW 0055 and Big Chill SW 7648.  

Light French Gray is a beautiful, true gray.  Of any of the gray's I've used this is one that is truly hard to detect an undertone (but trust me with the right circumstances it will shine through).  If you see any undertone in LFG it's likely to be blue, but honestly as I'm sitting here writing this blog I see a touch of purple (red+blue) so lighting really is an important factor to consider.

Source

 Light French Gray (LFG) is a one off colour (meaning there is no lighter or darker version of this paint colour).  Of course there is always the option to lighten or darken a colour but if you plan on going that route please ensure you test the colour because once you start changing the formula the undertone could change on you as well.  I often see blogs about the perfect gray and there really isn't any one gray that will fit every situation but LFG is a good place to start.

Source

 LFG is also a beautiful option if you are looking for a lighter gray for your exterior.  This colour would work beautifully with a clean, crisp white trim. 😍  This next picture is a bit misleading as LFG would generally look lighter outside but this home looks to be quite shady with all the mature trees.

Source
The LRV for LFG is 53 so it's more of a mid-tone gray.  Just as a reminder LRV refers to the amount of light a paint colour either absorbs or reflects, so the higher the number the more light that colour will reflect.  As I mentioned earlier in my blog I am sharing a second feature paint colour for this month because while LFG is a beautiful colour choice it has an LRV of 53 so if you have a darker or north facing room you may find it too heavy.  Another beautiful, lighter option is Big Chill SW 7648 which has a LRV of 62.  Because both LFG and Big Chill are what I would classify as true grays they tend to be cooler colours. 

Source


Source
The following picture is my parents living room and we used Big Chill to lighten and brighten their main floor (and my Mom is in LOVE with it!)  I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet as my parents live in BC but I'm looking forward to it.

Source

When I initially started this blog we were still on our winter getaway but we are now back home and I'm ready to get back to work for any onsite (YYC) or online colour consultations.   If you are interested please check out my website.  If you have already painted your home with either Light French Gray or Big Chill let me know your thoughts on these paint colours in the comments below.
Have a Colourful Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favourite Warm Neutral Paint Colours from Sherwin Williams

My 5 Favourite Dark Blue Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams

My Favourite Blue Paint Colors